1. Passport – Your current signed Passport which must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months from the intended arrival date in Brazil and at least with at least two blank visa pages.
  2. Brazil Visa Application – Complete the online carefully, you must fill in all items fully and accurately. Remember to include your middle name as well, scan your photograph and signature and upload them onto your application . The Consulate rejects incomplete/inaccurate applications.  Print the Visa Application Receipt(page with a bar code) and signit. Parents must sign for minors under 18 years old.
  3. Tourism Travel Form –  You will need to complete and sign this form.
  4. Photograph – One color passport size photograph 2”x  2”, on a white background, full face and no shadows. Snapshots, machine, home or computer photographs are not acceptable. Glue the photo on the application page.
  5. Proof of Residence – One copy of valid driver’s license or a state issued ID, or your most recent utility bill (electricity, gas or water) which has your name and current street address on it. This address must match the address you put on your visa application.
  6. Proof of Departure – One copy of your round trip airline tickets (and cruise itinerary, if applicable) issued by travel agents/airline/cruise company, showing travel to and from Brazil (confirming the purchase of the ticket, with passenger’s name, itinerary, flight number and arrival/departure dates).
  7. Non-US Citizens – A copy of the US Alien Resident Card for foreign residents and/or a holders of long term valid US visa, or a document to prove their return from Brazil to the US or other country.
  8. Children Under 18 Years of Age – Applicants under 18 years of age must provide a notarized letter of consent Sample signed by both parents or legal guardian authorizing the Consulate to issue a visa. Both parents must sign the signature box on the Receipt form – this form must be notarized if one or both parents are not traveling with the minor. The original and a photocopy of minor’s certified birth certificate must also be submitted. Remember to scan and upload the pdf copies of birth certificate and consent form.
  9. Applicants participating in sports competitions, artistic contests, conferences, or seminars must also present the following:Affidavit from the organizing institution in Brazil, providing specific information on (A Notary Public in Brazil must notarize this letter):
    1. The activity to be performed;
    2. Location and duration of the activity/event; and
    3. Stating that the participant will not receive payment and that no tickets will be sold for the event.
  10. Payment: Pay the total fee (covering: consular fee, service fee and return shipping fee) with one certified check or a money order payable to Global VIP Services.
    1. Consular Fefor US Citizens is $160.  If you wish, you can purchase the $160 money order yourself from the post office and make it payable to Consulate General of Brazil, do not write any thing else on the money order.  Non US citizens Contact us for consular visa fee.
    2.  Service Fee is $98 and the processing time is at least 12 business days.
    3. Return Shipping Mail Service – see our Order Form.
  11.  Order Form Complete and sign Global VIP Services Order Form, and send it us together with all the above mentioned items via overnight FedEx to our FedEx address given in our Order From.
  12. Email your FedEx or USPS Express Mail tracking number to us at


  • No visa applications will be accepted/processed by any kind of mail including USPS, Federal Express, DHL, etc. The Consulate cannot be held responsible for mailed passports or visa applications and will not mail applications or visas back.
  • Note that the notarization of documents issued in the US must be done by a Notary Public within the jurisdiction of the Brazil Consulate in Los Angeles.
  • The visa fee must be paid with U.S. Postal Service Money Order only, made out to the Consulate General of Brazil (we have to add certain details on the money order, as instructed by the Brazilian Consulate, so please do not write any additional details). Fees for the same family or group can be combined in a single Money Order. Legalization fee must be paid on a separate money order. 
  • Non US citizen can check if their country is exempt from applying for a Brazilian visa by clicking Exempt Countries.
  • Brazilian citizens must enter and leave Brazil on your Brazilian passport (no visa is needed).
  • Children of Brazilian citizens born in the US are considered Brazilians and should be registered at the Brazilian Consulate to receive their Brazilian passport. If you do not wish to register your child at present, then you can apply for a visa, and therefore you also must sign and notarize the Visa Declaration for Brazilian Parents.
  • Jurisdiction – The Brazil Consulate in Los Angeles covers the residents of Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and the following counties in California: Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura. Also the following American islands in the Pacific: Johnston, Midway, Wake, Howland, Jarvis and Baker, Palmira and Kingman.
  • Valid Visa – If you have a valid Brazilian visa but your passport expires, you can travel to Brazil with  your new valid passport and the old one (with the valid visa) when you travel to Brazil.
  • Visa Validity Period – Brazil visas are good for multiple entries. Visas issued for 5 or 10 years are valid from the day they were issued. Short-duration visas- like 30 or 90 days – are valid from the date of first entry into Brazil. All visa holders may only stay in Brazil for up to 90 days a year in Brazil, unless otherwise noted on the visa. An extension of the stay may be granted by the Federal Police Department in Brazil.  However, the total stay cannot exceed 180 days a year.
  • Who can apply – Applicants visiting Brazil on tourism or participating in sports, artistic events and academical conferences (provided that they are not paid for such activities, except for per diems and hotel and travel expenses) require a visa to enter the country.